All content provided on this blog is for informational purposes only. The owner of this blog makes no representations as to the accuracy or completeness of any information on this site or found by following any link on this site. The owner will not be liable for any errors or omissions in this information nor for the availability of this information. The owner will not be liable for any losses, injuries, or damages from the display or use of this information. These terms and conditions of use are subject to change at anytime and without notice.
The Constitution of The Madrigal Maniac.
1. Journalism: I try and follow accepted journalistic practices. This is a personal blog that comments on the events defining the City of Columbus, the State of Ohio, the USA, and the international community. These are my opinions and do not reflect the beliefs of any organization I may be associated with.
2. Transparency: Don’t pretend to be someone you are not. If you have a relationship with someone or something you are commenting on, you need to reveal it in your post. In other words, readers should know where you are coming from.
3. Integrity: Have the facts to back up what you say. Citing where you found your sources of information help here. If you say Bill O’Reilly is actually the illegitimate son of Red Skelton … I want to see some proof.
4. Try to be Nice: I want people to be passionate. But I won’t tolerate racism, homophobia, xenophobia, sexism, or too much crude language. I suppose a well placed f-bomb can be useful now and then. However, if you continually comment that Rush Limbaugh is a worthless f*%cking douche bag, you should probably try and improve your vocabulary. Not that you wouldn’t be correct. But people will focus on the f*%king douche bag part and not the part that is actually correct. That he is worthless.
Note: Your initial comment will need to be approved. Once you have a comment approved you should be able to post in real time. If not, let me know.
5. Advertising: Not a big fan. Especially as practiced by corporate America. But it is a part of life and the blogoshpere. I try to limit the number of advertisements and to be honest I haven’t made a dime off of them yet.
6. Guest Posts: I am willing to accept articles for guest posting. You must follow the Madrigal Maniac policy of “try to be nice.” If you absolutely can’t, at least make it witty.
7. Spam: Don’t do it. WordPress has a very good filtering program called Akismet. So don’t try it. You’ll just be wasting your time.
I am not a lawyer. The content of this article is for information purposes only and is not meant as legal advice. If you have specific legal questions about copyright issues on the web, you should talk to a lawyer that specializes in this area.