I thought about writing this post when a saw an article on BuzzFeed listing the supporters of Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton. I added a few more from other sources. Once I saw the list it made perfect sense to me. As I’ve written before, I believe most of the Trump supporters are angry white undereducated men. This list seems to prove my point.
Oprah: Maybe the richest woman in the world. Even Trump is probably jealous.Oprah’s net worth is 3.2 billion. Trump’s net worth is? We don’t know. He says 10 billion, but no one believes him. Read Jonah Goldberg’s article here. Forbes says 4.5 billion, Bloomberg says less than 3 billion, and billionaire Mark Cuban doesn’t even think he’s a billionaire. Regardless it’s nowhere near 10 billion, so Trump’s a lying sack of shit.
Leonardo DiCaprio: Has numerous acting awards including an Academy Award for Best Actor in The Revenant. Also starred in the second highest grossing film of all time Titanic.
Ellen DeGeneres: She has won numerous Daytime Emmy’s for her talk show Ellen and is one of the most loved celebrities in America. She has hosted the Primetime Emmy’s, The Grammy’s, and The Academy Awards.
Cher: You know you’re doing something right when you only require your first name to be recognized. According to Wikipedia, she has won a Grammy Award, an Emmy Award, a special CFDA Fashion Award, three Golden Globe Awards, and a Cannes Film Festival Award, among several other honors. Not bad.
- Tom Hanks: One of the most beloved actors in America. He has won numerous acting awards including two Academy Awards for Best Actor in Philadelphia and Forrest Gump. Let me say that again. He has won two Academy Awards. He also has an asteroid named after him. What Trump supporter can say that?
- Kid Rock: He actually said this:“Let the business guy in there. It’s not really working too well running it not like a business. I mean, what business fucking survives when they’re fucking broke?” Well, our government survives because they can print their own money. A currency that is considered the safest in the world. That’s also one of the reasons government cannot be run like a business. That’s a lie Republicans like to use. Things like health care, environmental protection, and corporate oversight are too important to leave to some greedy rich businessman. Without corporate oversight, the fox would be guarding the hen house. Kid Rock’s well thought out and nuanced reasoning in voting for Trump notwithstanding.
Tila Tequila: I had to Google her. She’s an attractive woman with fake breasts. She’s a model, television personality, singer, songwriter, actress, writer, blogger, and porn star. That’s right she has her very own sex tape. I think it’s also important to pick an alcoholic beverage when devising a stage name.
- Gary Busey: Seriously. Trump is his boss. However, due to a motorcycle accident in which he was not wearing a helmet, Busey has suffered from brain damage. As someone who works with the disadvantaged, I cannot fault him for supporting Trump. I hope he stays well and follows his care team, doctor’s, and his families advice. I wish him well.
- Roseanne Barr: To be honest, Roseanne has won a lot of awards. But the show that was named after her did not lead to further success. If you don’t believe that, just look at the career of John Goodman after Roseanne. In the sitcom Roseanne was just playing herself, Goodman was acting. She should know a thing or two about presidential politics. She has run for president twice. That’s President of the United States. She ran as the Green Party candidate but finished second to Jill Stein after making homophobic comments about Stein. So, she then ran and won the nomination as the candidate of the Peace and Freedom Party. She received less than .1% of the vote while Stein finished ahead of her with .3% of the vote.If you think she has any talent at all watch this:
- Dennis Rodman: “We don’t need another politician, we need a businessman like Mr. Trump!” Dennis is the man who pals around with the leader of North Korea one of America’s greatest enemies.
- Ted Nugent: One of the most mediocre rockers of all-time. I saw him in concert when he was younger. He wore only a small loincloth and ran around the stage like a wildman playing a lousy lead guitar solo. His songs had one thing in common. Getting some pu%$y.
- Charlie Sheen: A man whose either a raging drug addict or dumb as a rock. Or both. “I have a different constitution. I have a different brain; I have a different heart; I got tiger blood, man.” Okay Tiger. How’s that career doing?
As you can see, the supporters of Hillary appear to be more successful and saner than the Trump Supporters. Maybe celebrity supporters are not the best measure of who should be president. But it may be one more factor in a ton of issues that Trump carries with him.